Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sesame tofu at Green Eggs Cafe


I want to start this blog right. This here is the sesame tofu special at one of my favorite spots- Green Eggs Cafe. That's coconut rice, wok-sauteed veggies, and delicious deep fried sesame encrusted tofu with a sweet chili sauce. And me. Hi everyone! Now I eat a LOT of real Asian food (as you'll see) so I wasn't sure how I'd feel about sesame tofu at a neighborhood brunch spot, but this but it was A-MAZ-ING.  Like I went twice in one week amazing. The rice was rich and flavorful, I inhaled the veggies too fast to tell you about them, and the tofu, ohhhhhhh the tofu. Crisp, salty, and soft in the middle. The only thing you could ever ask tofu to be.

Green Eggs is a great spot- it's the kind of place you can take your parents and they won't freak out at your grimy city and the dives you hang at, but also where you can take all your hung-over hooligan friends for afternoon pancakes. It's cheap enough to hang and gossip at, and it's nice enough for a lunch date. There are 3 locations in the city (South Philly, Center City, and Northern Liberties) and they're open for breakfast and lunch only. There are not a lot of vegan options, but the ones they have are great.


No comments: